Monday, February 12, 2007

The A-B-C's of Homemaking

Tagged by Michelle. Thanks!

Aprons- Y/N?

Yes, I am actually in the process of sewing one now. I love wearing my"Edwardian" Apron I made but I like it so much I don't like wearing it all the time for fear that it will get stained.

Baking-Favorite Things to Bake?

I love baking Cookies!


Clothesline- Y/N?

Yes, we have one in the back yard. I don't use it all that much though.


Donuts- Ever made them?
Yes, I love home-made donuts. The recipe I have used calls for mashed potatoes. They are very good!


Everyday- One homemaking thing you do everyday?

Dishes


Freezer- Do you have a separate deep freezer?

No, but we are looking into buying one this summer.


Garbage Disposal- Y/N?

Yes, I enjoy having it.


Handbook- Y/N?

I was inspired by Kim’s Home Mgt Journal Project at Starry Sky Ranch. I have started my own like many others and am very pleased with the results.


Ironing- Love it or hate it?

Hate it!


Junk Drawer- Where is it?

lol, we have a few of these. Kitchen, hallway and yes even my top dresser drawer.

Kitchen- Design and decorating?
I enjoy my kitchen. On the counter there are few tiles that have some cute little geese with bows around their necks. I don’t think I would have put them there myself but they are sweet.


Love- What is your favorite part of homemaking?

Oh gosh there are so many... Being able to prepare a nice dinner for my family. The satisfaction of stepping back and looking at a clean bathroom, kitchen or heck whatever is clean and orderly.


Mop- Y/N?
Yes


Nylons- Wash by hand or in the washer?

Wash them in the washer and then air dry

Oven- Do you use the window or open it to check?

Open the door I don’t trust my judgment by looking through the window

Pizza- What do you put on yours?

I like pretty much everything on it.


Quiet- What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?

It has been my computer time but I'm trying to make it my personal prayer time however here I am having fun with a Meme.


Recipe card box- Y/N?

That and more.


Style of house-

One story bluish grayish house, three bedrooms two baths.

Tablecloths and napkins- Y/N?

I love tablecloths but I have not been able to find one that fits my square table. We do use paper napkins.


Under the kitchen sink- Organized or toxic wasteland?
Toxic wasteland.


Vacuum- How many times a week?
4-5 times


Wash- How many loads do you do a week?

I guess I've never counted. Its constant thing.


X's- Do you keep a list of things to do and cross them off?

Sometimes


Yard- Who does what?

My DH tends to most things outdoors but I do a bit myself


ZZZ's- What is your last homemaking task for the day?

Check on children and make sure they are covered, Kiss Dh good night, and God bless.

No comments: