Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Catholic Devotion Meme

I’m excited because Michelle tagged me. My first one and what a lovely one it is.


1. Favorite devotion or prayer to Jesus?
The Divine Mercy and the Sacred Heart Prayer



2. Favorite Marian devotion or prayer?
The Rosary but I love the Memorare and the Angelus very much.



3. Do you wear a scapular or medal?
I try to always wear the scapular and I have a St. Benedict and Miraculous medal that I wear.

4. Do you have holy water in your home?
Yes! We have a holy water font by the front door but it sure evaporates fast. We do have a big bottle of it though on me dresser.

5. Do you ‘offer up’ your sufferings?
Yes - I offer this up for your love, for the conversion of sinners and in reparation for sins committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary.'”

6. Do you observe First Fridays and First Saturdays?
Sadly we do not have Saturday Morning Mass but I do try to go on First Fridays.

7. Do you go to Eucharistic Adoration?
We only have Adoration on First Fridays here so I don’t go that often I’m regretful to say.



8. Are you a Saturday evening Mass person or Sunday morning Mass person?
8:00 Sunday Morning

9. Do you say prayers at mealtime?
Lol, Yes, and sometimes the children insist on before dessert as well.

10. Favorite Saint(s)?
Oh my there are so many.
St. Maria Faustina
St. Padre Pio
St. Gerard
St. Maximilian Kolbe
Mother Teresa and future saint: Pope John Paul II to name a few.


11. Can you recite the Apostles Creed by heart?
Yes

12. Do you usually say short prayers (aspirations) during the course of the day?
Yes - J.M.J I love you, save souls. I say this every morning as well. “We wish to gain all the indulgences attached to the prayers we shall say and to all the good works we shall perform this day. Amen”

13. Where is your favorite place to pray?
Oh gosh if only I had a favorite place. At the moment its where ever I happen to have the chance. I find that when I'm nursing the baby is a good time.

14. Bonus Question: When you pass by an automobile accident or other serious mishap, do you say a quick prayer for the folks involved?
Yes

No comments: